Thursday 18 July 2024

Drying statice

 I haven't really had the motivation to look after that garden lately, thanks to a certain dog deciding that he now likes to use my flower garden as a toilet and sandpit! Because of that I plan to do a really simple fence around it, the wobblier the better since he is afraid of that type of fence. 

Regardless, I have flowers to collect and dry for the flower girls at my sister in laws wedding and the statice are doing great (and thankfully not bushy enough to be Archie's choice of toilet). Ordinarily I hang them to dry from from the kitchen blinds using these hooks and curtain rings. It works great for small things like paper daisies, but I picked way too many so these sock hangers now have a new job! 

Statice seem to grow well here, plus they are a lovely perennial plant so I think I'll be planting lots more, and looking into some different varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment