Thursday 11 July 2024

Mermaid skirt

 Our daughter has decided she wants a mermaid party next year and that she really likes mermaids. I've been asking her daily and it's been something we've just talked about or seen, but for the last week she's been saying she wants a mermaid party. Let's see if she sticks with it, she's not turning four until next year!

I did tell her that I have some mermaid fabric - one little fat quarter. 

Luckily she loved the skirt idea, and I had a lace curtain from the op shop to add underneath for some extra length. For some reason I refused to just look up a tutorial on how to make a simple elastic waist skirt. Needless to say this tiny skirt took forever as I plodded along overthinking every step! But I did it in the end without googling anything, so I guess I just proved to myself that this sewing stuff is finally starting to sink in.

Maybe now is the time to make myself a dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment