Thursday 22 June 2023

My native bees are here

 My sister-in-law looked after our bees for us until the weather cooled down as I was worried about the heat here as we don't have a nice cool spot for them. But now they're finally here so that means we're officially moved in (we really should finish unpacking the shed)! Don't mind Archie in the background - he's loving all the sticks that fall on windy days.


This is the coolest spot in the yard thanks to the existing small trees and next doors lovely shade trees. You can see a few of my orchids as well - a good spot to keep orchids is also a good spot to keep native bees! I plan to add in bottle brush, geisha and my finger limes in between the existing trees. It should create a nice curved green wall and give us some privacy as well. I'm sure Archie will also appreciate the extra shade and shelter from the strong winds we get.


I've shared photos of our bee garden at our old house. They should be happy here as we've seen plenty of stingless, blue banded, resin and leafcutter bees, plus lots of different wasps and hoverflies - even those beautiful cuckoo wasps.

No comments:

Post a Comment