Tuesday 24 January 2023

Goodbye to my garden

While moving to a new house and huge block of land is exciting, it's still a little sad to say good bye to my garden. It's been almost 12 years of work, changing, tweaking and the bonus of picking lots of homegrown produce. 

I'm happy that I got to see my crepe myrtle starting to flower - I have quite a few cuttings to be planted at the new house! This spot was originally my bee garden, the crepe myrtle has grown so much that I moved the bees as you couldn't seem them anymore.


And my pumpkin patch, there might be a few ready to take with us! I have been picking them as needed, but there are a few that are starting to brown at the stem so hopefully they are ripe enough to store. The ones in my previous post have since ripened and been enjoyed.


So while I'm sad to leave my garden behind, I have 5 acres of space that'll keep me busy. It is much hotter and drier so there will be a big learning curve for me - mostly remembering to water the garden since I'm used to the rain doing that for me! The many potted plants that are coming with us will have a big adjustment to the climate, especially since we're right in the middle of summer!

Hopefully it's not too long before I can share new garden photos with you - don't hold your breath though, there aren't any existing gardens, just random trees and lots of grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment