Tuesday 2 August 2022

Sunflower Skirt and Scrunchies

 Since I've finally gifted this skirt I can share it with you, not that it matters since my niece doesn't know I have a blog!


 I love this sunflower fabric from Frankie Bear Fabric. I made my daughter a dress out of this fabric, unfortunately it was too small and I didn't take a photo of it before packing it away. I even bought adorable flower buttons to match, luckily I bought extra fabric so I can sew her another dress. Although it was meant to be so I could sew myself something...

It's the same pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom which I used for the galaxy skirts. The fabric is 145cm (57") wide so I just used that for the width, the total width needed for size 16 was 55", so I only needed to do the one seam. I kept the extra 2" as I used button hole elastic again so my niece can wear it now, tightening the elastic will just mean extra gathers and it can be loosened through a couple of growth spurts!

The matching scrunchies are a tutorial from See Kate Sew. My elastic has a lot of stretch to it so I cut them an inch shorter, but I probably should have used even less - or just buy some better quality elastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment