Tuesday 26 July 2022

Blueberry pot guild

 Exciting changes are ahead for our little family, we have decided that we're going to sell our house and buy acreage! I've been learning about permaculture and at the same time trying to decide which plants in my current garden are staying and which I want to take with me. I would love to have lots of fruit trees so I've been researching fruit tree guilds and food forests, rather than traditional orchards.


Since it will be awhile before we're ready to move I decided I would practice with my potted blueberry. I've added some flower seedlings, a strawberry plant and a spare basil seedling.

So far I have added flower seedlings to any pot that has space, saves me having lots of smaller pots of flowers if they can be combined with my plants in bigger pots.

My raised vegetable garden is in the background, hopefully whoever buys our house will enjoy them! You can see my snap peas just starting to flower, lettuce that's growing great (thankfully with the current price of lettuce) and some alyssum.

No comments:

Post a Comment