Tuesday 5 April 2022

Galaxy Matching Outfits

 Christmas 2021 I made all the nieces, nephews and sibling in laws matching clothes using this galaxy fabric. I love this fabric, it works for both male and female, and I have enough leftover to make myself something one day!


For my daughter and her little cousin I made matching Overall Playsuits from OhMeOhMy. I shortened the straps and the front top by one inch since it's already too long for my tall baby. If you want to see what changes I make when sewing this pattern you can read my other post here.

For my little nephews, I used the Sycamore shorts pattern from Sew Like my Mom. I was lazy and didn't add the pockets, but I did a size bigger and added buttonhole elastic to the back so it will fit them longer.

For my nieces, I used the elastic waist skirt tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. I made a size bigger for my nieces and added buttonhole elastic to the back as well.

For the pocket tshirts I used the tutorial from See Kate Sew, before you cut your fabric, just hold the template up to your shirt as I found them to be too big.

And for my newest sister in law I tried adding flutters to this cute store bought romper, I didn't take into account the fraying edges until I'd already started. It's probably not going to be a problem since babies outgrow clothes so fast, but if I ever do this again I will use lace since it doesn't fray.

No comments:

Post a Comment