Tuesday 16 August 2022

Purple Fox Lovey

 I've been wanting to make a lovey for my daughter for ages but have only just got around to it. I had the idea that if she loved it I would make extras in case she ever lost it but I really did not enjoy sewing with minky!!

It turned out cute, despite all my mistakes and my daughter likes it. I don't think she'll be too upset if she loses it, so thankfully I don't need to sew any more of them.


So while I'm not too proud of my sewing skills on this project, I am proud that I finished it. The minky is lovely and soft so I can understand the appeal but I'll be taking a break from that fabric for awhile!

The pattern is from Pink Pug Designs, the instructions are great and she is an Australian designer so it's nice to support a fellow Aussie. I couldn't find wool felt for the nose so I just used black minky in the same way as the eye and tail patches. I did add a ribbon tag so I can strap it to the pram so it's doesn't get dropped and lost - we've had a bike rider catch up to us with a toy we dropped once!

No comments:

Post a Comment