Thursday 30 November 2023

Versailles dresses

 I still have fabric leftover from these nibling presents I made forever ago and decided to make Lily a Versailles dress before she outgrew the pattern without me ever sewing it!


This fabric is so cute with the little bird, bunny and mouse line drawings. For some reason I thought it wouldn't be a cute dress, but I love it, so much so that I decided to make her Christmas dress with this pattern.


And it turned out so beautiful! I made them in size 4 so they're a bit big but they should fit her next Christmas - although no doubt they'll be too short. I did cut some strips of the red fabric from her Christmas dress so I can add a band around the bottom as Lily grows. I think it's something I'll try and plan for on any future dresses so they can continue being dresses rather than tops!

I added pockets using LLK's free pocket pattern to the Christmas one - amazing that I actually remembered this time. My plan is to tell Lily that it has pockets while we're doing her Christmas photos - hopefully I get a good shot of her - pockets are very exciting for a two year old. To be fair, I also get excited if my dresses have pockets!

My one gripe with this pattern is trying to figure out which way to cut, and sew the ruffle with a directional fabric. Which is precisely why I chose to use a solid red for the Christmas dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment