Thursday 16 November 2023

Electric chicken fence

 Excuse my absence, life got in the way and I've been too sick to do much other than sit on the couch!

I have an electric netting fence for the chickens, well to be fair it started it's life as a fence for the cat cage, dog and chickens as our property wasn't fenced (Ray has nearly finished that project).

Now that it is solely for the chickens I needed a solution for holding the ends together, but wanted something easier than tying it with rope every time. I was hooking it on a star picket until I noticed was damaging the wire in that spot.

I was almost going to just use one of those spring clamps when I noticed these in the electrical section at Bunnings.

Now that I've been using it for a few months, I've decided it's time to share with the internet. I would prefer something a little easier to do with one hand, but most of the time I can manage. I like that it's all plastic on the outside - now I don't get shocked when I forget to unplug the fence first! Plus even though it's plastic, in full sun, it hasn't faded or deteriorated as far as I can tell.

I think I might even try the large size for the temporary gates - we're currently using bungee cords and carabiners!

No comments:

Post a Comment