Tuesday 27 September 2022

3D Printed Watch Face

The purple felt watch I originally made doesn't match many of our daughter's clothes so I wanted to make more, but it needs to be something that doesn't get yucky like the felt. I didn't want to spend forever sewing and turning little bits of fabric so instead I spent forever designing a stitchable watch face to 3D print!


I made a simple band out of fabric (3" wide x 8"long and interfacing if needed) that I folded both ends in 1/2". Then I folded 1/2" from each long edge, then again to meet in the middle. Then I played with the decorative stitches to hold down the centre seam and along both sides.

Next I stitched on the watch face - to make it extra secure since I'm concerned about it being a choking hazard - I did once around the large circle, went crazy tying a huge knot, then went back to cover the gaps before tying and other huge knot and repeating on the smaller circle.

Then simply add a snap or two to fit your child!

I've added this to Thingiverse if you would like to print your own - recommended for children over 3 years as it is a choking hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment