Tuesday 4 October 2022

Rainbow Ink Amsterdam Dress

 I love this Rainbow Ink Blot fabric from Frankie Bear! I've been hoarding this for awhile and I'll definitely need more of this one!

This dress was made for my daughter to wear to a party to celebrate her Great Grandfather, if he were here today I think he would very much approve of this bright and beautiful dress! 

This is the Amsterdam Baby from Little Lizard King and it is the second time I've made this dress - I should find a photo of the first one to share with you. 

My only issue with this one (apart from catching the gathers when I attached the waist to the bodice) is lining up the straps and loop nicely. My solution for this was to use the knot button on my sewing machine before and after the strap so I could unpick that section. Then used the stitch holes to line up the strap properly and restitch the straps in place.

I opted for the size 3 rather than the size 2 as it is a bit hard to get her arms into dresses with elastic backs. I'm hoping as she gets older she'll continue to get less upset about clothing that goes over her head - as a newborn she would cry every time, thankfully now it's just if we take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment