Tuesday 20 September 2022

Panama Berry Pot Guild

 I've been working on another pot guild, this time with a panama berry. From my research this tree can withstand a lot of different conditions and still do well so I picked cucamleon to be what I focus on in this pot. The cucamelon should be happy as the panama berry has shot up nice and tall after a harsh trim of the main trunk.


I transplanted a dandelion I dug out of the lawn just as an experiment and it's doubled in size already - generally plants like this with a taproot don't transplant well. Now I know I can move them around the yard to wherever they might be a benefit.

At the back is a viola in there that volunteered in my garden, they transplant and self seed so easily. Next to that I popped in a calendula seedling which will shade the viola from the afternoon sun. 

At the front is a tomato that must have hitchhiked with the compost - I'll let it grow a bit more until I transplant that somewhere else as it will just get too big. Once the tomato is moved I'll add some clover and possibly some oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment