Tuesday 29 March 2022

Ironing trolley

 I have one of those big steam irons that take up so much room on my ironing board and doesn't have a home so it is always in the way. But then it got placed on this Ikea trolley which has now become my permanent ironing station! 

It has this chopping board on top where I sit the iron and I bought a second one to create a mini ironing board, it is perfect for pressing all the seams when sewing.

All I did was trace the board then cut 1 layer of Insul-Brite and 4 layers of flannel to sit on top of the wood. For the outer layer I traced the board and added 1" all the way around using cotton fabric (mine is from Frankie Bear), then notch the curved edges. 


Line up all the fabric then place the board on top (upside down). I just used wood glue all around the edge and pulled the fabric taught and pressed it onto the glue until it held. Then leave to dry. 


The edges look a little rough on the curves so you could glue ribbon around the edge to finish it off. I'll get around to that one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment