Tuesday 1 September 2020

Chicken Coop Signs

Before we got chickens I spent ages researching chicken coops and saw so many funny chicken signs that I decided to make a few for my own chicken pen. The first one I ever made was "Eggcellent House" which my mum wanted as the name for her chicken coop. She never got around to hanging it on her coop so when she rehomed her chickens she gave it back to me.

The top two are just pieces of dressed pine which I varnished really well, they're in need of a light sand and recoat as the varnish is starting to crack on the top, but the burn has been protected by the varnish.

The mother cluckers was oiled decking timber and unfortunately being in full sun it has faded the burn and the wood has gone mouldy in the rain. I have a new sign on decking timber that I need to varnish so I can see how that well that lasts in our wonderful Aussie sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment