Tuesday 15 September 2020

Extra handles on a dog lead

Archie is a bit of a handful and I experimented with short and long leads but found we needed both at different times on our walks. Sure we could just grab the lead down low, but as he got bigger and stronger it got more difficult to hold him close.

So I bought a longer lead and sewed two extra handles to make it easier to hold him close. Something so simple to do makes it so much easier to control our huge puppy on walks! 


I just used my normal sewing machine and a 14 needle and sewed back and forth a few times, he'll be turning one on Thursday and his old one is still holding up - he'll chew through the webbing before my stitches come apart! I sewed up a new one for his first obedience class last night, boy was he naughty!

No comments:

Post a Comment