Tuesday 25 August 2020

Orchids

I have a little collection of orchids, well not so little I suppose since I have told myself not to buy anymore! You would think since I have so many that I knew how to look after them, but a lot of it is simply luck - as in it is lucky that they like to be left alone! After researching why they weren't flowering I did find out they prefer a bit of sun during winter - and they don't need as much shade as I thought. So after I moved them into the bee garden I have been finding surprise flowers more often, in fact I just found three orchids with new flower spikes!


I really need to remember to take nice photos of the orchids when they're flowering. Most of my orchid photos are of me holding the id tag in front of each orchid in case the tag fades or gets lost, or they're just really bad photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment