Tuesday 21 April 2020

Paperbark hanging basket liner

I love my hanging baskets, especially when I've remembered to keep them well watered! 

I have some pretty old ones where the coir fibre is falling apart - the birds love stealing it for their nests. While I like the metal part of hanging baskets, I don't like the coir fibre so I decided to try out paperbark since I have a tree in our garden. It is a little fiddly getting it to sit nicely but I think it looks great!



With all the movement restrictions due to covid I've been trying to make do with what we have rather than my usual "quick trip" to Bunnings to buy everything I need for my brilliant ideas. But hey, all this creative thinking also means that I'm saving money!

This basket has a cherry tomato plant called "Blue Berries" in it. Normally I grow them in the ground but with all the rain we were having I decided I'd put some under the patio to stop them all being cracked from overwatering - although the chickens do love them! So far they're doing well and they taste great, I just make sure I water and fertilise them regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment