Tuesday 28 April 2020

Mother's Day Kokedama

I had a tough time deciding what to make for mother's day presents, I'm finding it harder to not just make the same thing year after year. Lukily I saw a DIY video for making kokedama gifts for mother's day.

It was actually quite a fun little project, a little awkward, but worth it in the end. I did a practice run at home with a spider plant and cotton twine before I decided to go out and buy all the materials. It is still going strong, which is surprising since I don't give it a soak every week like I'm supposed to (and when I do, I tend to forget to take it out until the next day).



I chose to use the lovely zygo cactus, which flowered not long after mother's day. Being a cactus they seem to do well as a kokedama.

No comments:

Post a Comment