Thursday 22 August 2024

Toddler trackpants

 What feels like forever ago, but was in reality only last year, Mum dropped off some polar fleece remnants from my Grandma. They are about 30cm wide so I decided to sew them together so I could make Lily some more trackpants since she never has any clean ones - apparently her clothes are too dirty multiple times a day!

Now this was supposed to be a quick, no fuss project... But of course I decided to practice matching seams. Which went well sewing the two pieces of fabric together. Then I messed up and didn't mirror the pattern pieces. So I had to sew together two more pieces of fabric, pattern matching went fine, but I sewed the wrong sides together. Decided that just matter since they're just for around the house and promptly cut out a third of the same piece... 

I got there in the end, one leg is fuzzy on the outside and the other is fuzzy on the inside. Somehow I've managed to get the back pattern matched (you can just see the orange on the elastic casing) and the fuzzy leg is matched quite nicely, but the rest is all over the place! Lessons have been learnt - I don't have the patience (or the mental capacity) for pattern matching.

Once I got past the hurdles of cutting out the pieces it was a quick no fuss project. Even better this is a free sweatpants pattern from Life Sew Savory. Now I've got two more pairs to make since I've aready cut out two right legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment