Thursday 28 September 2023

Petal wrap dress floral and May Gibbs

 So I finally made the Twig & Tale Petal Wrap Dress and I wish I had made it earlier!



If you haven't seen this site I suggest you go have a look, there are some beautiful wing patterns, and this reversible dress is a freebie! I really liked the pattern instructions, the layout, the photos and how it was written.

One side is a Floral May Gibbs from Spotlight, and the other side is a lovely floral Amelia from Frankie Bear Fabric.

Now I did this properly and actually altered length based on the patterns measurements. Lily's were mainly 12-18 month size, and then size 3 for length. I started with the 18-24 month size and added 2" to the length. It's a little big so it should fit her for awhile, and stay dress length for longer since she mainly grows up, not out!

As for notes on sewing this one, nothing, it's all in the pattern. I didn't get confused or frustrated at any point. The only thing I haven't done is put a size tag on it since it is reversible - I'm thinking I'll put it in the pocket and see if it holds up.

And of course it has a pocket, that is all that matters to a toddler right?

No comments:

Post a Comment