Thursday 21 September 2023

Banana planted

 Looking forward to seeing how this banana plant does here, so far it's looking good after one month. This is a super dwarf cavendish, which I found at Bunnings and as you can see it had a pup forming. A couple of days after taking this photo I noticed there is actually another tiny one popping up. I'll have to do a bit more research to try and figure out when is a good time to transplant them.



I've got it planted right near the kitchen as they only get 90-120cm tall, but I think I'd like them a bit further away so I can use this spot for herbs or veg. Although it should create a bit of shade, which would be a relief for the other plants as this is full sun - and by that I mean if the sun is up, it hits this spot! 

The good thing about banana plants is that you do need to transplant or remove the pups regularly so it isn't a big deal if I decide this is the wrong spot. At least for now it is close for easy watering.

I'm trying out the Green Well garden ring, although I didn't install it correctly as I wanted a deeper garden bed. I liked this one as it is a sturdy plastic and slides apart on one side to remove, this will make it easier to create a larger garden bed later on. I've got two more to try - if I ever decide where the next tree is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment