Thursday 13 April 2023

New house, new keys!

 Well we have officially moved into our new house in January and I ran out of scheduled posts not long after that! We were busy unpacking of course, and keeping a teething toddler occupied while doing that is not very productive.

There is a lot of weeding to do since the previous owners just poisoned everything to get it sold and didn't do any more maintenance. Thankfully they did a really good clean of the house so I didn't need to scrub everything before unpacking!

I have had a little bit of crafting time by painting keys with nail polish so we can easily tell them apart - they stick together but we'll see how they hold up!


With the Autumn starting to bring some cooler days I hope to get out in the garden to get the weeds under control plus put some plants in the ground. There is a lot of grass that I can convert to gardens and I've bought some round Birdies raised garden beds to add to my rectangle ones. There are plenty of trees that I would like to set up as guilds, rather than them just being surrounded by grass. And there is a whole weed section where they put in the new septic pit that I plan to turn into a flower meadow!

As for inside the house, we're going to renovate the kitchen eventually, but we'll live with everything as is for awhile before we make any changes - I can tell you that I miss all my drawers we put in the kitchen at our old house!

Our daughter had her second birthday in March, so we celebrated with a bee themed party - and I managed to finish her birthday dress in time - I'll share a photo of that with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment