Tuesday 28 June 2022

Baby clothes rack

 When setting up the nursery for our baby we chose cabinets from Ikea - the Platsa range meant we could add a wardrobe and some glass door cabinets to display books, handmade blankets and of course all my old pandas! But I wanted to have all those cute baby clothes out on display so I made a simple clothes rail that uses the existing holes and therefore be removed without any damage!


The hardest part was drilling the holes in the correct place! These cabinets are designed with threaded holes in the base so they can be stacked and attached using a supplied screw. I simply cut pieces of pine then drilled holes to line up with those threaded holes, and used the supplied screws since my timber was the same thickness.

Them simply screw on the brackets and thread the rod through. The clothes rail and brackets were from Bunnings, normally used for shower curtains.

Links if you're having trouble finding them - bracket end, bracket centre and rod - they come in white and chrome as well as 19mm or 25mm!

Now I just need to painte the pine white and align the door hinges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment