Thursday 30 May 2024

Lily's dance bag

 We've started Lily in dance lessons where she needs jazz and tap shoes, plus a jumper since it's cold in the mornings now. So I spent the past few days trying to sew a bag with Miss Bossy Boots asking me if I've finished yet!

I followed a video tutorial from Echidna sewing to make this mini duffle bag, which is a great size bag for a 3 year old. I used webbing for the handles, added extra pockets inside and put d-rings on the ends in case Lily wants a long strap.

The corners of the side pieces look wrong but I didn't have the brainpower to work out how to fix it, especially not with a deadline of the next dance class. It was an easy sew other than the bulky seam I made by adding the d-ring, so that part go sewn by hand - I must remember not to put on moisturiser right before hand sewing again! 

Something that would have made the whole process easier was to use a black lining so I could stick with one thread colour. And I should have added elastic to the long side pockets to stop them gaping open so much. Maybe I'll stretch some elastic along the pocket and stitch it in place and see if that improves the pockets.

The fabric is from my stash and my mum's stash, and the rainbow zip was from Temu.

No comments:

Post a Comment