Tuesday 1 December 2020

Big Brother Bandana

I made a bandana for our dog to announce to our parents that we're having a baby! We're due in April so I really need to start making things for our baby, so far I've got some tie dye onesies ready, but I want to start sewing some gender neutral outfits since we don't know if it's a boy or girl.

It was pretty simple, I sewed up a bandana just by copying one of the bandanas we already have for Archie since they fit him well. Then I printed up what I wanted written on the bandana, taped the bandana to the piece of paper, then taped all of it to the window on a sunny day and simply traced it with a permanent marker. 

I used a thin cotton pillowcase (that Archie chewed a hole in!) as it was easy to see the writing through the fabric. Originally I tried making one using an old tshirt so I didn't have to sew anything, but it was difficult to see through. I'd recommend using the woven cotton as the stretch of the tshirt fabric caused the marker to drag and it didn't look very nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment