Tuesday 30 June 2020

Rosella Hibiscus

I've grown rosellas before simply because they are a lovely looking plant, but last year I decided to grow enough so I could make some jam.

Last month it was finally time to pick them and try making jam for the first time and it turned out great! It tastes good, set well and so far everyone who has tried has liked it. I used this recipe but skipped the butter and just scooped the bubbly scum off the top. I bought the seeds from there as well.

Now my only problem is that I have a bucket of rosellas in my freezer waiting for me to separate them to make more jam.



Rosellas can also be used to make syrup or tea so I dehydrated some for mum, I keep opening the jar because they smell amazing!

As for these bushes, they don't seem to be stopping production so this bucket is likely to be filled again as soon as it is empty. I planted three seedlings so maybe just one will been enough next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment