It was my dad's birthday last month, and it took me almost a month to finally finish his birthday present! Luckily he is patient, and doesn't mind.
I decided to attempt making him a tie using some blue leopard print fabric I found. I now know why ties seem so expensive...
They take a lot more material than I thought, and it took me so long to sew it all together - especially hand sewing that last seam!
I did forget to add the little bit of ribbon on the back to hold the end of the tie, eventually I will remember to finish it off for him.
The pattern tutorial I used was this one from Georgia Leigh. Since I used quilting cotton for my tie I opted to only use interfacing in the front piece, not through the whole tie. I also added about an inch to the length since my dad is tall. Using the cotton makes the tie a little difficult to tie, and slide around to readjust.
Overall, I am happy with how the tie turned out, but I don't think I will be making another one anytime soon!