Friday 12 October 2012

Spring Flowers 2012

Even though it is freezing and windy in QLD today, the flowers are reminder that it is indeed spring! 

I thought I would share some photos of the beautiful flowers that have opened up and added some colour to my garden. 


I can't wait to pick the tomatoes off this beefsteak tomato plant, I also have a roma tomato plant that is still going strong since last year! 



I have no idea what this little shrub is, but I noticed it has these cute little flowers on them - I keep meaning to try and ID it. 


My cat mint looks great covered in purple flowers - this is the first time I have planted it in the garden and it looks far better than my previous attempts at growing it in a pot! 


Strawberry flowers - the best flowers since they are followed by delicious strawberries. 


A yellow calendula which has finally settled into the garden. 


This is an aloe vera flower spike - in front of the huge ponytail palm. Now that my front garden is looking good I have started on this mess of a garden bed - don't plant horrible vines in your garden that have huge seed pods! 


Some of my succulents are flowering and making a big mess. 


This bottlebrush is attracting rainbow lorikeets and little finches. 


My geisha girl is happily flowering and seems quite happy to be in the ground and out of its pot. 


I have recently moved my jasmine from a pot to the front yard. It must have settled in already as it has started flowering. 


I'm not positive but I think this plant is a jade which has these pretty little flower spikes. Unfortunately these form tiny succulent leaves which break off in the wind and start growing wherever they land. 


And I have saved the best for last - my beautiful hippeastrums. I recently divided up all the bulbs I had from my multiple pots so I could plant some into my front garden. This is my biggest bulb and I was quite surprised at how quickly it sent up a flower spike. It currently has four open flowers and another two buds waiting to open - last year it had a total of five flowers. At this stage none of my other bulbs have sent up a flower spike. 

I hope you are enjoying all the beautiful spring flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment