Monday, 10 September 2012

Sewing machine storage for feet

As you might remember I got a new sewing machine for my birthday - a Janome 3160 QDC.  The accessory storage for this machine can be pulled open without removing it, which is great because it came with a lot of feet! Unfortunately it got rather annoying digging through looking for the right one, and it will only get worse as I buy more feet.


Originally I made a pouch for all my sewing machine supplies, which had plenty of room but still had the issue of needing to dig around to find what I wanted.

In the end I chose to make a cardboard insert to sit on top and create a second level for the feet.



Now I have my most commonly used feet in the top section and can see at a glance which one I want!

Measuring this was a bit of a pain but since I used cardboard I could trim it where required. As I get more feet I might create dedicated compartments for each foot - since most are small I can always create more levels in each section.

If your sewing machine has accessory storage like this you may find it very convenient to create your own insert.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...