Tuesday 5 June 2012

More Coasters

One of the few crafts I have done recently is tile coasters. I really do enjoy the simplicity of making such a beautiful and useful craft.

I finally made a set for myself using a lovely blue, red, black and white floral paper. The colour theme in our old house was black, white and red. Red is my husbands favourite colour, but blue is my favourite colour and I really am sick of so much red! So when we renovate this house we will have the black and white theme again but our pops of colour will be both red and blue. These coasters are just the start of tying the two colours together.


I also made a set of coasters for my big sisters birthday using a black and red damask paper. My sisters favourite colour is red so I hope she likes these coasters. Originally I found a beautiful wrapping paper to use for her coasters but the paper was too thin and just wrinkled and creased.


And because I decided to make a production line to save on my paintbrush washing I ended up making another set of coasters using the metallic blue paper with the Asian writing on it. I'm tempted to keep this set for myself as well!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, you should have a go, there are so many tutorials out there!

      Delete