Sunday 8 January 2012

Art on T-shirts

I don't know if anyone is aware, but there is a great site where you can upload your art to be printed on a huge list of items - eg. t-shirts!

http://www.cafepress.com/

I have made my own store on Cafe Press, however I have found it a little confusing so far. Add to that I have only edited one of my pen drawings so far, my store is a little uninteresting!

I affectionately call my drawings "blobby" drawings. One day I will think up a far better name for them, unfortunately until then "blobby" has stuck!

My blobby drawings are all done using black pen, normally on my special no bleed paper - it does still smudge which really bugs me. Once I have finished my drawing I scan it into the computer so I can clean it up. The actual drawings take me months to complete as I cannot make myself focus for more than an hour at a time. On the opposite scale, the editing of the images takes me about 4 days as my old job involved a lot of photo editing - I find it easy to spend the day staring at pixels until it is perfect.

One day I hope to find someone who can teach me a faster way to edit these drawings, until then at least I get it done eventually!

This is the first drawing I have completed editing and added to my Cafe Press Store:
Moon Cat Pen Drawing
I only have a few different women's shirts listed at the moment, but you are welcome to take a look at my store: http://www.cafepress.com/krydasu

I hope you like my drawings and hope to have more of them ready to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment