I have been on a bit of a sewing kick lately - and have also been having a hard time finding things I like. So of course I had to make a purse to go with my new red and black dress. I found a great pattern from See Kate Sew for an envelope clutch that I decided to try out.
I only wanted a small clutch so I printed the pattern out at 60%. I made up a test one using my blue leopard fabric (leftover from my dads tie) and it ended up being the perfect size!
And of course there never seems to be any nice black and red fabric around here lately so I did the next best thing and added some red to my black fabric...
What started out as an experiment turned out to be pretty cool - definitely an option when I can't find fabric in the colours I want. It ended up being pretty fun to just sew back and forth without having to concentrate!
I'll definitely make this envelope clutch again with crazy blue thread fabric.