Tuesday 15 January 2013

Colour-in pencil case!

For Christmas I planned on using fabric from Ikea to make a colour-in cushion for my nephew out of that cool fabric which would be perfect for colouring in. But when I went to Ikea they had sold out. Then last week we went to Ikea again and saw they had a new style of colour-in fabric... but again it was sold out! 

I was in Kmart on Friday where they had the pack of 8 Sharpie fabric markers for $10, so I bought a pack for my nephew, and another pack for myself! (If you want the 4 pack you can get it for $5 from BigW - from 17 Jan to 30 Jan.) Since Ikea didn't have the fabric I wanted, for his birthday I decided I would just buy some fabric to make a plain tote which he could draw on and colour-in. 

Now I'm not sure about you, but I tend to have my best ideas when I am trying to get to sleep at night. Last night I realised my nephew would need a plain white pencil case to put his fabric markers in and also to decorate. 


Fast forward to this afternoon and one pencil case was made with a little drawing from his Aunty to get him started. I really hope he enjoys his birthday gift this year! 

And I had to switch my posts around a little so I could let you know the markers are on sale (in Australia)! 

Items I am thinking would be great: 

Pillowcase
Canvas shoes
Cap
T-shirt
Wallet
Lunchbox
Tote bag

I've had a little play with my set of fabric markers and the only thing that I don't like is that the yellow, orange and pink markers are fluro. I expected it since they are marketed towards teenagers, but I'm hoping they will bring out a bigger variety of fabric marker colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment