Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Patchwork sewing machine cover

I had quite a few scraps leftover from making cushion covers, and as small as they were I could not part with them! So I decided to have a go at patchwork and at the same time make a cover for my sewing machine (well, a cover for my sewing machine case which is boring and white).

After all the time I spent cutting and sewing those little pieces of fabric together I was quite hesitant to cut out my pattern pieces and sew them for fear of making a mistake.


As you can see I worked up the courage and I am quite happy with it. I chose to try out bias binding for the bottom but I definitely need more practise with that! The only thing I would change would be to use heavy interfacing. I bought a packet of medium interfacing which seems to be lighter than my other light/medium interfacing and it just isn't as stiff as I was hoping. 

Other than that, patchwork was great for practising cutting with my new Olfa rotary cutter and sewing heaps of straight lines!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...