Thursday 16 February 2012

Tutorial - Ladybug Magnets

After making my cute little bee magnets, I decided to make some lovely ladybug magnets for my fridge as well. The bees and ladybugs must have noticed as they have been taking care of my veggie garden for me!


Print your template through google docs here.

If you need more in depth instructions, please refer to my bee magnets tutorial.

Supplies:
  • Printed template
  • PVA glue (or your glue of choice)
  • Felt - Black and Red
  • Magnet (mine is 3.8cm x 2cm with an adhesive back)
  • Googly eyes
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Chalk (or fabric marking pen)
  • Hole Punch
  1. Cut out all of your template pieces, your cardboard backing and four black spots using a hole punch. You will also need a pair of googly eyes.
  2. Glue your cardboard backing to your body piece.
  3. Glue the stripe to the centre top of the body.
  4. Glue the head to body; lining it up against the stripe.
  5. Glue on your spots - I chose to do 4.
  6. Glue on your googly eyes (optional - waste time moving them into crazy positions)
  7. After your glue is dry you can stick your magnet on the back and pop it on the fridge!
And now I have a ladybug family to add to my bee family. 

You can make your ladybug much simpler by not doing a stripe or antennae - like my little ladybug.

* Edited to add this image of the template so you can simply right click and save as...

No comments:

Post a Comment